Welcome, Guest

Men and Women's forums are now seperate
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 34940 Views

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 22:33 #45839

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 22:40 #45840

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Don't worry, it's the full size screen so you're not at the actual site, for all you youtube no-goers.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 22:48 #45841

• WeWillNotBeForsaken

no problem that a gun wont solve...you know who kanesher reminds me of a bit? anyone know walter sobchak?
[/quote]

"I don't roll on Shabbos"
One of my all-time favorite lines from a movie

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 23:10 #45848

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Me3, had nothing to do with you. Far as I know, anyway.

KG - that's my opinion. But it could be that others disagree. If there's enough of a gain for them that it outweighs my hurt, maybe that's the way its gotta be.

TO - thank you. I'm still thinking it over.

Guard - it's not just what I'd gain from it - it's also that I think I might actually be able to offer something...huh? me offer something worthwhile? imagine that!

Trying - thanks. Although, you were given your own corner. We're just being limited, not even because of who we are, but of WHERE we are in life. Since I haven't accomplished getting married, I'm not on the same level as people who are.

Ah...Yiddle - want to explain to me how the positive glasses would look?

Sigh...no, I guess I can answer that. The married guys get a forum where they can talk about whatever issues they can't use PMs for, and that'll hopefully help them in their struggle. I suppose I should be happy for them....but right now, that's still a bit tough.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 23:25 #45855

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Guard - it's not just what I'd gain from it - it's also that I think I might actually be able to offer something...huh? me offer something worthwhile? imagine that!

I already gave you permission to post there. You are the only one with such permission, so enjoy it!  

We're just being limited, not even because of who we are, but of WHERE we are in life. Since I haven't accomplished getting married, I'm not on the same level as people who are.

Are you at all listening to what I say, or do you just enjoy feeling bad for yourself, SB?
One last time: This has nothing to do with levels. Nothing.
This is so that married men can feel more comfortable - and also, so that unmarried guys won't get triggered by discussions that have nothing to do with them (relations, niddah cycles, etc...).
What part of what I just said sounds like "levels"??
Please stop it already, I'm serious.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2010 23:34 by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 23:43 #45860

• Dov
  • Administrator
Look out! What's the matter with you, SB? Can't you see the man's got a gun (with a bayyonet!)?!  ;D

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 14 Jan 2010 23:47 #45861

• the.guard
Thank you, Dov. I need some backing here. The guy's got a TANK and full body armor, for heaven's sake!  :-[
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:15 #45893

• bardichev
ICH HUBB A TRUKKK!!

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:19 #45895

• habib613
i have a truck?

i'm gonna miss learning yiddish...

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:31 #45900

• habib613
yeah...

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:41 #45903

• habib613
rage... u confuse me...
and make me sad...

nothing is ever the same... everything always changes. u know that. i'm happy i got to be around when gye was mixed, but now we're just gonna have to deal with the new gye. (that's not to say that i didn't cry more over this than i have in the last ten or so years...)
it's still a bais medrash filled with torah. and it still needs u

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:43 #45905

• habib613
what for

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 04:49 #45908

• habib613

the post made me sad...
not u.
sorry. gotta be more specific.
anyway- no more falls.
not tonight. not over shabbat.
not for the next 90 days.

maybe guard will let me over the mchitza when you guys have 90 day parties...

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 11:26 #45954

• the.guard
maybe guard will let me over the mchitza when you guys have 90 day parties...

I will, bl"n. Remind me
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010 11:28 by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 15 Jan 2010 11:29 #45955

• the.guard
The Announcement Board will now be visible to the women, but only as Guests. (As I wrote before, that I'd close it at the end of the week)

In a discussion with Reb Shlachter about how hard this split was for many gals/guys, he explained to me that although the exchanges of Chizuk between the genders was always done in a Tzanuah manner, often the men will naturally gravitate to the women, and vis-a-versa, spending a disproportionate amount of time giving chizuk to the other gender. He explained that this comes from the same kind of need that the addiction filled, although it is largely subconscious.

Bottom line: It was never really healthy for the parties involved, and although we all mourn it - just like we mourned the more obviously damaging aspects of the addiction, we'll get over it and learn how to exchange Chizuk with our fellow gender, man to man, woman to woman, as opposed to feeding unhealthy subconscious needs (of "sharing" with the other gender).

So although it's indeed hard, and we all empathize, I ask all you holy warriors to accept that this is truly for the best, in multiple ways.

Now let's see what stuff you are all REALLY made from, and get out there and be Mechazek your fellow friends!!  :D
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010 11:46 by .
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes